Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Snow Paint

I know you guy probably want to see Christmas, but... you have to see this first. I will catch you up on the rest eventually!

OK, so I'm kind of addicted to Pinterest, and there are all kinds of pins from cool mommy bloggers who have clean houses and make healthy meals and do art time with their kids. Today I thought maybe we'd try one of those toddler art project pins. Because I hate peace and quiet and clean :)

The idea was to paint some paper snowflakes with "snow paint."

Snow Paint: White Glue + Shaving Cream. Dries puffy.

Before we go on... I need to share the lessons I learned:

  • Just because the "paint" is white and water soluble does not mean the children shouldn't be stripped to their undies. They should.
  • Handing a two year old a glitter shaker is just asking for the entire family to have that "fresh from the strip club" sparkle for months to come.

Way too many clothes.

Things started pretty good. The littles colored and played with stickers while I cut out snowflakes.
See my pretty snowflakes!

Some paint even made it onto snowflakes. Some.
You knew who was going to be the one to start the self painting.

Then "somebody" had the bright idea to add glitter to the mix.
So far so good...

Most of the glitter is making it onto snowflakes.

Of course, you already know who took it up a notch!
The newest Bond villain: Glitter Hand

I decided to just let them do whatever they want while I did the actual craft.
Here's the finished product.


No comments:

Post a Comment