We had the best vacation this year. The cabin was beautiful. The lake was gorgeous (full of leeches and water snakes, sure, but gorgeous). The area was as awesome as we remembered. The dunes, ah! the dunes. Gar and I love, love, love the Benzie/Leelaneau area in MI. Expect news of our having run away anytime now. You know who was a trooper during the car ride?
If you guessed all four kids, you are correct! You have won photo's of our fantabulous vacation!!!!!!!!
 |
| Plan on hearing this a lot... Good morning, where are my Cheerios? |
 |
| Pretty Princess |
 |
| Hmm what to do today? |
 |
| Duh! Swim! |
 |
| Or just wrestle up this house... |
 |
| Colin asked if we were allowed to take things from the house. When asked what it was he wanted... this wreath was the answer. |
 |
| I don't like her touching me at home and I don't want her touching me here! |
 |
| Baby Blue Eyes |
 |
| Holly took the boys out on the paddle boat. |
 |
| I just need to fix this fireplace. |
 |
| She stood there and pulled his hair until he cried. |
 |
| Crashed! |
 |
| This might be why she was pulling his hair... |
 |
| Let us out of here! |
 |
| Hooray, Nana made it to vacation! |
 |
| Mischievous! |
 |
| Wow, Minta, really? |
 |
| Aunt Holly's toes! What a welcome change from Mommy's toes! |
 |
| Uncle Parker, we wants out! |
 |
| Snugglin' up his Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-Na-na. |
 |
| I just really liked this photo on the mantel. |
 |
| Good morning... where are my Cheerios? |
 |
| The Dune Climb: Conquered by Colin, Connor and Uncle G |
|
|
 |
| Love this smile! |
 |
| Uh, we've talked about this before mother... I don't sit on nature. |
 |
| Well, I might if they're OK with it. |
 |
| Wish my camera was better with action shots... this could have been so cool. |
 |
| No, I didn't style his hair that way. There was something of a monsoon or typhoon or some kind of "oon" moving in off the lake. According to Gar. |
 |
| I think it might have just been a normal thunder storm. Very disappointed at having to leave. |
 |
| Made Gar stay to take more photo's regardless of storm named "oon." |
 |
| The boys were not game for portraits that did not involve jumping. |
 |
| The storm? |
 |
| OK, maybe there really is a storm a brewin'! The air is electric up here. |
 |
| Colin sliding down a dune... | | | |
|
|
|
 |
| Colin sliding down the same dune three years ago. |
 |
| Neighbors fireworks over the lake |
 |
| Colin's sparkler show |
 |
| The kiddie playground and pond at Empire |
 |
| Graham and Daddy ridin' a little horsey |
 |
| Make sure you look like you only like the water for me. Otherwise Mommy will wanting me to take pictures all day. |
 |
| I hates Lake Michigan! |
 |
| Fooled you! I loves Lake Michigan! |
 |
| Absolutely breathtaking |
 |
| Sand was not such a big hit |
 |
| I have a photo of him doing this three years ago, too, but you would not believe the HTML hell I went through to add the dune pic in after the other photo's were in place, so just take my word for it... |
 |
| We're just a swinging! |
 |
| Aunt Holly was runnin' the merry go round. That kid on the ground is not random, he used to be on the ride. |
 |
| Baby Graham, you're supposed to eat the sand, not be scared of it. |
 |
| Peek a boo! |
 |
| Nana got some pirate ink |
 |
| Wee! |
 |
| Lake Ann was more bubby's style. |
 |
| Until we saw a water moccasin. No worries, Daddy will get it! |
 |
| Pictionary! Team Ward was taking down Team Black with the black marker. Until our third draw-er quit and we completely sucked :) Needless to say, Nana and Parker handed us our proverbial Pictionary booties. |
 |
| The path to the dune overlook at 9am. |
 |
| The only other pic I got to take before the Kodak crapped out. |
 |
| Maybe it just needed batteries. Look what Colin caught all by himself while we were away! |
 |
| Nana found the biggest marshmallows! |
 |
| Cassi: Minta, what do you think this is, vacation? Where are my Cheerios!!! | Graham: I know, right? Sleepin' in, making Nana and Daddy take care of us. The heck? |
 |
| My handsome hubby. Still in love, after all these years! |
 |
| The first and only lighthouse I saw in Michigan. Now if I can only see a porcupine and a turkey! |
 |
| Tired of sucking on fingers, Graham has branched out to toes. |
See, I told you it was fantabulous! Can not wait to go back.
No comments:
Post a Comment